Paolo Bevilacqua graduated with honours in Mining Engineering from the University of Trieste in 1987. He covered and covers the following roles:
- Associate professor in Engineering of Raw Materials in Engineering and Architecture Department of the University of Trieste. Director of the National Consortium of Universities for Earth Resources Engineering – CINIGeo – (a public corporation based in Rome founded by the Universities of Bologna, Cagliari, Roma “La Sapienza” and Trieste), from November 2009 to November 2016.
- Member of the National Commission for Integrated Pollution Prevention Control (IPPC) of the Ministry of Environment, from September 2009.cMember of the Commission for Environmental Impact Assessment of the Region Friuli Venezia Giulia from 2005 to 2013.
- Representative of the University of Trieste in the Evaluation VAS – PGT team of the Friuli Venezia Giulia Region in 2012-2013. Delegated Waste Manager by the Rector of the University of Trieste from 2010 to 2018.
- Consultant for the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Developing Countries (1991-1995).
- Former coordinator of the Centre for Environmental Management and Rehabilitation (CIGRA) of the University of Trieste from 2004 to 2010. Consultant for National Court for environmental issues. Technical Consultant for the Court of Trieste on issues related to land reclamation; Technical Consultant Part in civil and criminal cases regarding environmental issues. Advisor for engineering and consultancy firms in mining and environmental field. Designer of a washing plant for contaminated soil and of a mobile plant for soil washing. Designer of a plant for the treatment of heavy ash produced by incinerators on behalf of the Italian company. Advisor in the program “Strengthening the review, monitoring and management function of the Ministry of Environment and Spatial Planning (MESP), specifically in the field of energy” of the Ministry of Environment and Spatial Planning of Kosovo.
- Author/co-author of about 110 scientific papers published in international journals and on the proceedings of international conferences.
The field of research is summarized in the following areas:
Modelling process engineering unit with particular reference to:
The process of classification; Separation of solid-solid and solid-liquid; Technologies for the recovery of secondary raw materials; Analysis and economic evaluation of solids treatment plants; Treatment of industrial and municipal solid waste; Rheology of concentrated suspensions for fluid mixtures of water and coal (CWF); Industrial Technologies “clean” low environmental impact; Technologies for the remediation of contaminated soils; Analysis and processing of environmental data; Remote sensing, mapping, and GIS; Analysis of major-accident hazards and the risk of toxic eco industrial plants; Environmental impact assessment (EIA), Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA), Integrated Pollution Prevention Control (IPPC).
- Inventor of five international patents (PCT).
- Professor of Applied Geostatistics of Raw Materials Engineering, Environmental Legislation and site rehabilitation, Technology for the Reclamation of Land for the academic years from 2004 to 2013.
An advanced course created for graduated students and employees who are involved in the design and manufacturing phases of ships and/or offshore vessels/platforms, which will improve their skills in maritime safety as well as in environmental and security issues.
A course designed for both employed and unemployed professionals who have already developed technical skills and capabilities in maritime safety, the environment and security at sea,which will provide them with additional expertise in the safety and security fields, with respect to on-board personnel, infrastructure and the environment.
Teacher has no Lectures in this module
Training the Trainers
A refresher course thought for teachers of high schools with technical courses, which will confer them an updated knowledge about multidisciplinary topics on safety and security issues related to maritime sector.
Teacher has no Lectures in this module
Via Callisto Cosulich, 20 34074 Monfalcone (Italy)
tel. +39 0481 723440 - fax. +39 0481 721137
Codice Fiscale e Partita Iva: 01138620313