- Alberto BARTOLI;
Fundamentals of Internet architecture
- Introduction to Internet architecture, Internet protocols and WWW.
- Names and addresses.
- Unverifiable HTTP transactions.
Fundamental tools for cybersecurity
- Description and motivation for key cybersecurity requirements: secrecy, integrity, authentication, availability.
- High-level description of fundamental mathematical tools for cybersecurity: symmetric and asymmetric (public-key) cryptography.
- Properties of HTTPS and of digital signature.
- Software vulnerabilities. Implications for cybersecurity.
Aims and intended learning outcomes
- Awareness of cybersecurity threats.
- Understanding of key cybersecurity requirements.
- Understanding of key technical tools for attackers and for defenders.
- Understanding of main operational challenges for defenders.
There are no recommended textbooks. The teacher will provide a number of publicly available documents focused on specific topics and as case studies.