Deterministic and Stochastic Simulation-based Design Optimization Techniques and Applications – part I
- Cecilia LEOTARDI;
Essential of SBDO techniques:
- Parametric and geometric modification tools.
- Dimensionality reduction techniques.
- Numerical minimization methods.
Office of Naval Research Global (ONR Global) representative which will give a presentation about ONR organization and their Naval Research Framework, 2 hours.
Aims and intended learning outcomes
- Familiarize with some of the fundamentals of the deterministic SBDO approach, focusing on the parametric and geometric modification methods, the dimensionality reduction techniques, and the numerical minimization tools. Those concepts will be applied in the numerical activities included in the module.
- Solve real-world deterministic simulation-based hull-form optimization problems using methodologies, techniques, and tools they familiarized focusing on safety and efficiency issues.
Lecture notes provided by the lecturer.