Electrical Power System
- Giorgio SULLIGOI;
Basic principles of electrical safety.
Physiological effects of current on human body.
Earthing current propagation and effects. Electrical safety in power systems and protections (general cases).
Electrical safety in power systems and protections (shipboard case studies).
Aims and intended learning outcomes
- Understanding of key electrical safety issues Understanding of key electrical safety issues.
- Understanding of key technical points for designing onboard power system with electrical safety requirements.
- V.Carrescia “Fondamenti di sicurezza elettrica” Ed. TNE.
- ABB technical booklet n.12 (Shipboard Electrical Power Systems).
- Tecnical rules and classification rules.
- V.Cataliotti “Impianti elettrici” (3 volumi) Ed. FLACCOVIO.
- F.Iliceto, “Impianti Elettrici”, vol.1, Ed. Patron.