Engine safety principles (SOLAS/MARPOL) + Alternative Fuels
- Enrico CANTE;
- Stefano FURLAN;
- Camilla DE ROSA;
Engine safety principles:
- Overview on SOLAS and safety requirements on engines (thermal shielding protection).
- Overview on MARPOL Annex VI and requirements application on diesel engines.
- Practical analysis of regulation change: (NOx: Tier I, Tier II, and Tier III; ECA areas for SOx and NOx).
Aims and intended learning outcomes
- Understanding of key elements of SOLAS applicable to marine engines.
- Understanding of key elements of Marpol Annex VI.
- Practice a regulation change: Marpol Annex VI case.
Handouts will be provided during the lessons.