Safe Return to Port
- Dario CANGELOSI;
Safe Return to Port (SRtP) Scenarios.
Ship Orderly Evacuation (SOE) Scenarios.
SOLAS SRtP Rules Analysis:
- Regulation II-2/21 – Purpose, Casualty threshold, Essential Systems, Safe Area;
- Regulation II-2/22 – Purpose, Casualty threshold, Essential Systems;
- Regulation II-1/8.1 – Purpose, Casualty threshold;
- MSC CIRC.1369 – Interpretations.
Examples on real applications.
Application exercises: design simulation of a bilge water system.
Aims and intended learning outcomes
- Understanding the SOLAS SRtP rules;
- Understanding the impact of SRtP and SOE requirements on passengers ships design and construction.
The course’s material will be provided during the lessons.