Simulation-based Design Optimization considering environmental and energy efficiency requirements
- Cecilia LEOTARDI;
Statutory environmental and energy efficiency requirements within the SBDO approach
- From the EU environmental protocol to the energy efficiency index (EEDI) requirements.
Overview of deterministic SBDO approach
- Fundamentals of the SBDO techniques at a glance:
- Optimization algorithms.
- Geometry modifications.
- Analysis tools (overview of calm water hydrodynamic and seakeeping models and their implementation, uncertainty quantification methods).
Aims and intended learning outcomes
- Familiarize with some of the fundamentals of the deterministic and stochastic SBDO approach and the analysis tools needed to design safe and efficient ships via simulation-based design optimization including environmental and energy efficiency issues.
- Lecture notes provided by the lecturer.