Cyber Security – Marine Application and Regulatory Framework
- Paolo SCIALLA;
Information Technology and Operation Technology in marine applications
- Machinery monitoring and controls.
- Bridge Navigation Systems.
- Propulsion monitoring and controls.
- Dynamic Positioning.
- Power Management System.
- Cargo management.
- Communication systems.
- Applicable Industry Standards and Certification.
Systems Integration and use of Big Data
- Data Management.
- Integration and interface of systems.
The human element
- Human Centered Design of systems.
- Human in the loop.
- Ergonomics principles.
The risks associated to the digital and information technology in the marine applications
- Cases of studies.
- Key Risks Areas.
Cyber Security in marine application
- IMO Instruments.
- LR Guidelines.
- International Associations guidelines.
- EU Directive.
- US Directive.
- Flag administrations regulatory regime.
- The US NIST Framework.
Aims and intended learning outcomes
- Understanding of digital and information technologies in the marine applications.
- Overview of digital systems and communication networks onboard of recent ships.
- Understanding of risks associated to the use of Information and Operation technologies.
- Basic knowledge of human elements and ergonomics.
- Regulatory regime in the marine industry for cyber security.
- IMO and IACS guidelines.
- LR ShipRight Procedures.
- LR Guidance.