- Michele CAPOBIANCO;
Maritime Security Breaches.
IMO vision on maritime security.
Standards on cybersecurity.
DNV-GL Recommended Practice.
Information Security Management System –Code of Practice.
Aims and intended learning outcomes
- Understand the reasons for cybersecurity.
- Understand how to deal with cybersecurity.
- Inform about standards for cybersecurity.
- IMO, 2016. Measures to enhance maritime security. IMO – Maritime Safety Committee, MSC 96/WP.9.
- IMO 2016 INTERIM GUIDELINES ON MARITIME CYBER RISK MANAGEMENT MSC.1/Circ.1526 1 June
- ISO/IEC 27001 standard on Information technology – Security techniques – Information security management systems – Requirements. Published jointly by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC). .
- ISO/IEC 31010, Risk management – Risk assessment techniques
- ABS, 2016. THE APPLICATION OF CYBERSECURITY PRINCIPLES TO MARINE AND OFFSHORE OPERATIONS VOLUME 1: CYBERSECURITY
- ABS, 2018. GUIDE FOR CYBERSECURITY IMPLEMENTATION FOR THE MARINE AND OFFSHORE INDUSTRIES, ABS CyberSafety VOLUME 2
- DNV-GL, 2016. Cyber security resilience management for ships and mobile offshore units in operation. DNVGL-RP-0496, SEPTEMBER 2016 (Updated 15 June 2018)
- United States National Institute of Standards and Technology’s Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity (the NIST Framework
- Handouts from the lecture